Sunday, May 30, 2010

Salzburg

Right now I'm waiting for the bus to come take me to Munich. Salzburg was fun. The first day I went on a Sound of Music tour which was a bit overpriced but alright. I was pretty tired and super hungry so I think I was a bit grumpy.

Yesterday we went to the worlds largest ice cave, Eisriesenwelt. It was quite a hike up to the top (20 minutest to the cable car, 20 minutes up to the caves) but the views were beautiful. We couldn't take any pictures in the caves so I can't share any of those but the hike was worth it.

Last night when we got back we went out to a bier garten and had some food and beer. The food was pretty expensive but I had a good time and didn't feel guilty for eating some fries and beer cause of the long hike. Today my legs are really sore but it was worth it. I'm a little bummed to be leaving everyone on Busabout tomorrow and also not looking forward to the 12 hour bus ride from Munich to Paris.

Now onto a bunch of photos!

IMG_2362

IMG_2267

Palace used for taping for the Sound of Music. It was used for the backyard and water scenes for the house.

IMG_2260

I kinda think Julie Andrews looks like a man here
IMG_2279

IMG_2280

Gazebo used in the Sound of Music

IMG_2285

IMG_2294

IMG_2295

Entrance to Eisriesenwelt
IMG_2325

The Alps! View from the hike up to the ice caves

IMG_2323

IMG_2326

IMG_2331

IMG_2338

IMG_2340

And finally, in Salzberg at night! I took this when I was a little bit tipsy so I'm happy for how well it turned out since the shutter had to be open for a few seconds.

IMG_2368

No comments:

Post a Comment